- Highest number of Guillemots counted in March (previous record: 1674 birds on 10th March 2012)
- 104 Kittiwakes on land F16, and one seen on F6, ten on E11
- At least 400 Razorbills on land, at least 400 on the sea
- Most Guillemots on ledges are in full breeding plumage, some are in stage Transitional/Breeding
- Some Guillemots on the sea are still in full winter plumage
- At least 6 Bridled Guillemots at site E14
About this page...
This page is run by volunteer contributors as a source of news for everyone interested in the birds of Lundy, in the Bristol Channel, UK.
If you have news to report, please consider signing up as a contributor or send in your sightings here.
See also the companion website The Birds of Lundy for comprehensive updates to the 2007 book of the same name.
Bird recording and ringing on Lundy are coordinated by the Lundy Field Society and general information about visiting the island can be found here.
Saturday, 7 March 2015
05/03/15 Highest March count of Guillemots
05/03/15 1697 Guillemots on ledges (highest March count). More than 100 Kittiwakes on land