- 18/02/15 1470 Guillemots on ledges (highest February count). 23 Kittiwakes on land (first of the season)
- 12/02/15 263 Guillemots on ledges, Kittiwakes circling close to land.
- 08/02/15 910 Guillemots on ledges, at least 78 Razorbills on land.
- 27/01/15 1235 Guillemots on ledges, at least 7 Razorbills on land.
- 18/01/15 1159 Guillemots on ledges, probably first Razorbill on land this season.
- 11/01/15 no count of Guillemots on ledges, adult Kittiwakes flying past Devil's Kitchen
- 30/12/14 1145 Guillemots on ledges, 40 minutes video F4 provisioning ledge.
- 21/12/14 903 Guillemots on ledges
- 16/12/14 442+ Guillemots on ledges, (only Jenny's Cove counted), 15 minutes video.
About this page...
This page is run by Lundy Bird Observatory (LBO) as a source of news for everyone interested in the birds and wildlife of Lundy, situated 12 miles out in the Bristol Channel, UK. If you have sightings to report, please consider sharing your observations or photographs with the Bird Obs team here. While you're here, check out the companion website The Birds of Lundy for comprehensive updates to the book of the same name (Davis & Jones, 2007). All bird recording and ringing activities on Lundy are coordinated by LBO and general information about visiting the island can be found here.
Saturday, 21 February 2015
I've just looked at this blog and realised that I haven't updated for a while. Here are the highlights...