About this page...


You're now viewing the old Lundy Bird Observatory blogspot. Explore the new website for all your favourite island news and wildlife updates. If you have sightings to report, please consider sharing your observations or photographs with the Bird Obs team here.

Sunday 6 July 2014

6/7/14 My first Guillemot chick has fledged.

6th July 2014
  • My first Guillemot chick has fledged, "Regolith" was not on the ledge this morning. Initially site R was empty, but then a single adult returned with a large fish. She continued to hold the fish in her beak for almost 2 hours before dropping it. I'm assuming that the male adult is at sea with "Regolith". The presence of two adults and no chick would have meant that fledging had been unsuccessful, either through predation, or failure of communication between "Regolith" and its father. I'm hoping that I don't see two adults on this site in the next few days.
  • 11 chicks (A,B,C,D,E,F,I,M,N,Q,S)
  • 9 feeds (E,E,A,N,B,I,E,M,E)
  • 35 Puffins seen on land at St Philip's Stone.
R arriving with fish

No comments:

Post a Comment