- a Hen Harrier over Lametry Bay on 3rd
- the long-staying female Great Spotted Woodpecker on 4th, 5th & 9th
- 200 Starlings gathering to roost in the Village on 5th
- a Snipe on 6th
- 26 Redwings on 6th
- 36 Chaffinches and a Brambling on 6th
- 400 Chaffinches and three Bramblings on 9th
- 1 Goldcrest on 9th
- 2 Gannets, 3 Shags and 9 Kittiwakes during a seawatch on the afternoon of 9th, before conditions became too stormy to see!
About this page...
This page is run by volunteer contributors as a source of news for everyone interested in the birds of Lundy, in the Bristol Channel, UK.
If you have news to report, please consider signing up as a contributor or send in your sightings here.
See also the companion website The Birds of Lundy for comprehensive updates to the 2007 book of the same name.
Bird recording and ringing on Lundy are coordinated by the Lundy Field Society and general information about visiting the island can be found here.
Friday, 9 November 2018
3rd to 9th Nov – Chaffinch passage continues
Recent sightings, contributed by Mandy Dee and Richard Campey, have included:
Posted by Tim Jones at 20:59