780 Guillemots this morning. Most birds have now moulted into summer plumage, but there are still some that are still moulting.
About this page...
This page is run by volunteer contributors as a source of news for everyone interested in the birds of Lundy, in the Bristol Channel, UK.
If you have news to report, please consider signing up as a contributor or send in your sightings here.
See also the companion website The Birds of Lundy for comprehensive updates to the 2007 book of the same name.
Bird recording and ringing on Lundy are coordinated by the Lundy Field Society and general information about visiting the island can be found here.
Saturday, 13 December 2014
Wednesday, 10 December 2014
All those moulting Guillemots have kept me busy for the last few weeks. The last couple of days have been windy - too windy to take video - but it has given me time to catch-up. Here are the counts for the last month:
- 09/12/14 534 Guillemots on ledges
- 08/12/14 0+ Guillemots on ledges, (no count of Grand Falls Zawn, F6)
- 06/12/14 151+ Guillemots on ledges, (only Jenny's Cove counted), 25 minutes video.
- 30/11/14 623 Guillemots on ledges, 23 minutes video, peregrine eating immature gull.
- 27/11/14 285+ Guillemots on ledges (only Jenny's Cove counted), 35 minutes video, one bird with leg ring.
- 23/11/14 928 Guillemots on ledges, 15 minutes video
- 18/11/14 239+ Guillemots on ledges (only Jenny's Cove counted), 35 minutes video.