About this page...


You're now viewing the old Lundy Bird Observatory blogspot. Explore the new website for all your favourite island news and wildlife updates. If you have sightings to report, please consider sharing your observations or photographs with the Bird Obs team here.

Friday 24 October 2014

23/10/14: 368 Guillemots on Ledges

After a night playing quoits with the LFS Work Party, I wasn't sure about leaving the house at 6:45am. This, coupled with the fog and the rain at 1/4wall gate and I almost turned back. Fortunately the rain was on my back and by the time a I reached Pondsbury the sky had cleared.


368 Guillemots (including these 96 at St Mark's Stone) is one of my highest totals for mid-October.

I also saw one of the Snow Buntings that have been visiting  the island, plus a Kestrel at Jenny's Cove, 1 Common Snipe near Pondsbury and a Grey Heron flying over the village at 9am


No comments:

Post a Comment